Google
 

Sunday, March 30, 2008

iTunes U

I have found one of my new favorite things--iTunes U. In the past couple of days I have listened to guest presentations at Stanford by some of the icons of entrepreneurial businesses, lectures on Benjamin Franklin, Aaron Burr, The Mind of Einstein, lessons on how to play the drums (from Little Kids Rock), and a commencement address at Stanford by Steve Jobs from 2005. I have also downloaded, but still have to listen to, lectures on art history, the physics of baseball, modern art, presentations on The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, and many, many other items.

I'm completely enthralled! I'm such an information junkie. I love learning new things just for the sake of knowing about them, and this is truly a found treasure for me. Everything I've downloaded has been free and there are a lot of different universities participating on a lot of different subjects. Check it out on iTunes. I'm sure you can find something that will appeal to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youtube also has something similar where they have teamed up with universities and posted produced videos. Here is UC Berkeley's site: http://www.youtube.com/user/ucberkeley

MW said...

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check that out.